CLASSES & small groups
Classes & small group gatherings take place in a variety of ways and places. some classes are offered here on campus and some are hosted in homes.
- Coffee & Christ-10:00am-led by Mark Ford. Tuesday mornings in the Small Dining Room.
GMV Women's Accountability Group-9:00am in room 304- led by Pam Irons & Suzanne Frazier. GMV Women are you interested in meeting weekly with other women to share our Christian walk with one another?! This would be a time to share and pray for one another. Women of all ages are encouraged to come. The group was formed to afford a safe and confidential space within our GMVUMC Church’s congregation where ladies can come together and address in a group setting questions such as:
Where have I seen Jesus at work in my life this week?
How have I been the hands and feet of Jesus in the world in which I live this week?
How have I failed to respond to His calling in my life this week?
What are my plans for study, service, and worship this coming week?
From these questions, lively discussions are born and participants are given the opportunity to share what is on their heart and pray with and for each other. Co-leaders are Suzanne Frazier (602-4332) and Pam Irons (746-05290). If you have any questions about the group, please feel free to call either of them. Some of the group members have these things to say about their experience in participating.
Participating in the Women’s Accountability Group has caused me to recognize the ways that God is active in my life. Through the kindness of many people in the recent weeks following my knee replacement surgery, my needs have been met. Only God stirs hearts to be so generous. When I returned to the group recently, I was anxious to share my experiences and give praise to our Lord. - Katherine Bellenger
It is not a Bible study, not a book study. It is just women sharing our Christian walk: The good we felt in the previous week as well as the times we failed Him and ourselves and the acknowledgement from each other that we are not alone either. This group is simply a blessing! - Mary Lou Hughes
Initially I was skeptical of participating in the Women’s Accountability Group because it wasn’t a traditional Bible study. What I have found is that it is a safe place to share whatever it is that is troubling me as well as my mountain tops. I also see how I can be an encouragement to others. God wants us to be there for one another and that can only happen when we come together. - Diana Jeffreys
Wednesday Night Small Group-Digging Deeper-6:30-7:30pm led by Shelby & Christi Howell. For more information please contact Shelby Haygood at 999-8611. OFF CAMPUS Family Experience-6:30-7:30pm in the Gym. EVERY 3rd WEDNESDSAY OF THE MONTH (except February). This is a night for the ENTIRE FAMILY!
Connecting 101-6:30pm -led by Jason Limbaugh. This class is designed for new comers and longtime attenders. If you are interested in taking this class please click HERE.
- Financial Peace-6:30pm in room 306-led by Susan Ernst.
- Simon Peter-6:30pm in room 209-led by Chester Jolley.
- His Servant– room 317. Blended class of all ages. Contact Cathy Harris (447-8533) or Jan Chandler (531-8135) for more information.
- Journey– room 319. All ages welcome! Single or married. This class focuses on in-depth Bible study and topics that stretch us out of our comfort zone and equip us for witnessing to unbelievers and
growing in our personal faith journey. This class enjoys opportunities offered by GMV as well as quarterly social events that allow our members to develop interpersonal relationships.
- New Direction– Small Dining Room. All ages welcome! Rotating Teachers. We follow the Bible Expositor & Illuminator
curriruculum. We try to have a class full of open discussion.
Contact Bill Couch (205-612-8048/ email@example.com) for more information.
- Frank Malone Class– room 209. Ages 60-70’s. Couples & singles. We follow the Adult Bible Study by Cokesbury.
Leader: Wayne Burrow, Wayne Duncan & Darlene Shirley
- Singles– room 304. Singles of all ages. Rotating teachers. As a group we are loving, and welcoming and
genuinely care about others. Please join us as we grow closer to Christ together.
Contact Kathy Erhart (205) 631-9833 firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Seekers– room 305. Singles & couples of all ages. We have five facilitators that rotate leading the class
discussion of lessons in the Adult Bible Studies book. This class is also involved in
supporting events outside our class including missions, fellowship gatherings, assisting the hospitality committee and praying. Contact Jackie Schillaci (email@example.com) for more information.
- Ambassadors– room 310. Older adults. We visit our shut-ins and church members that are not able to attend worship each month. We also plan a social get together every other month to fellowship.
Contact Ethelene Bullard (205-410-3775) for more information.
- Joy– room 308. Ages 30-60. Discussion style class that study a variety of topics, always Bible-based.
Friendly class that has fun and supports each other. Our discussions are lively, we don’t shy away from controversial topics. Contact Danny Dunson
(firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Fellowship– room 318. A service-minded class of active retired adults who use the Cokesbury series for a
lecture/discussion guide for Sunday School Bible study. We use a rotating group of
teachers. Contact Bobbie Andrews (205-631-8886/ email@example.com) for more information.
- Rainbow– room 319. Ages 40 and up. Rotating facilitators. Andy Stanley studies are our favorite and we normally have a DVD or streaming study. For more information please contact Lyn Herring at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 631-9256
- Open Door– room 212. Age doesn't define us! All ages welcome. We like discussion rather than lecture. We stay scripture focused, apply what we learn to current culture and we have fun! Very active with outreach opportunities inside & outside the church. Rotating teachers.
Contact Harold Payne (email@example.com) for more information.